Organisations in the international development sector see improvements in project management practice as a top priority.
It is crucial to embed a common approach to project management so that the fundamental and complex challenges faced by managers of development projects can be consistently and effectively addressed.
The course is aligned with the PMD Pro Level 1 syllabus and includes integrated preparation for the PMD Pro Level 1 exam.
This course provides a thorough grounding in project management concepts, processes and practice. It considers: how can projects be consistently organised and managed, effectively and efficiently delivered; completion of project on time and to budget, scope and quality.
How will you benefit – you will be able to:
– Describe typical activities in each phase of the project life cycle
– Assess the quality of a project log frame
– Map key project stakeholders and create an effective engagement plan
– Plan an appropriate approach to Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for a given project
– Project Management Principles
– Agile Project Management
– Governance in Projects
– Business and Commercial Aspects of Projects
– Legal Aspects in Project Management
– Supply Chain in Projects
– Strategic Project Management
– Virtual Project Management
– Managing Global Projects